Bloggylicious


I think, therefore I type

Friday, October 14, 2005

Football Predictions

OK, now that week five is in the books and week six is rapidly approaching, I thought I'd give my playoff predicitions. I know you say, "But Andrew, its only week six, how do you know the entire playoff picture?" Well, to you I say, I just do! You can take these picks to Vegas cuz they are rock solid. Here we go:

Division Winners, AFC:

East - Miami, that's right, Miami. The AFC East has been an extremely weak division for a very long time, save that one team up in Foxboro led by Belichick somebody. Now that the Patriots defense is gone, the Dolphins with their rock solid defense and new, power running game will step up and take it.


North - Cincinnati. I hate to say it, but they are good .... real good. The Bengals have been an up and comer the last three season and with Pittsburgh's early season woes and thanks to a more difficult AFC Nort, Cincinnati figures to be the only team good enough to remain standing. Unfortunately, my Browns are not likely to see January football this season (Prove me wrong). The Bengals, however, will not go far in the playoffs with such a young, unexperienced team.

South - Indianapolis. This is a no brainer, nothing more to say.

West - San Diego. LaDainian Tomlinson is an unstoppable, one-man show. He WILL beat you, that's all their is too it. Their defense is pretty good too. Look to Denver for a potential wild card spot. Their combination of Denver's uncanny ability to turn anybody into a 1,000 yard back and their revamped defensive line will make them a serious wild card contender.

Wild Cards, AFC
Denver, Pittsburgh, and New England .... but since I can only pick two, Denver and Pittsburgh


Division Winners, NFC:

East - Dallas. This division is anyone's guess. Three teams have almost identical skill, Giants, Redskins, and Cowboys. They have similar records so far but none have beaten a great team, except the Cowboys. One things for certain, this formerly bad division is now too good to allow Philly to sail into another playoff spot. Look for T.O. to stomp off the field angry.

North - Detroit. Who really cares? The division winner will play a wild card team and lose to them the first week of the playoffs. I'd lake to say Favre can take a crumbling team to the playoffs yet again, but I just don't think he can.

South - Atlanta. They're good. They have Vick, Duckett, Dunn, and dare I say, a decent defense. Look for Carolina to make a decent run about the time Cadillac runs out of gas.

West - Seattle. Their decent defense will ensure that a few Josh Scobey field goals will be all it takes to beat the Rams, the Cards, or the Niners.

Wild Cards, NFC:
Someone from the East, probably New York and Carolina.

AFC Championship Game:
Indy and Pittsburgh, Indy wins

NFC Championship Game:
Atlanta and Carolina, Atlanta wins

And the Super Bowl winner is ....
....
....
....
Indy.


There you have it, my predictions. No big surprises but there are a few upsets.

1 Comments:

  • At October 15, 2005 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey! The Bengals are the best team around. And with your family in this are I thought you would like them more...what's up with that?!?! How can you like the Browns more than the Bengals??? That's just not human. The Bengals are a good team and they will go far this year!!! Take my word on that...oh and tell Sarah I said Hi!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home