Bloggylicious


I think, therefore I type

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

I Love Shopping

While I was busy not watching the Browns this Sunday, I did get to do something else which I also enjoy very much. This past Sunday, I got to spend the day looking for future places to live with my future wife. House shopping is the one thing I LOVE to shop for. I've been looking forward to the day when I would go pick out my first house for at least 5 years. Now that's it here, I feel totally lost. I can only imagine how people who haven't seen every house go on and off the market for the last 5 years must feel. Magazines, emails, phone calls, house visits, and every other method of gaining information only begin to scratch the surface of what I feel I should know before buying a house. There is so many variables to consider: size, location, style, how many bedrooms, do we need a garden tub, how much extra is an island in the kitchen. The options are seemingly endless. Even though it is an ever daunting task to pick out our first home, I am enjoying every minute of it. Just having an actual reason to pick up those new home guides outside of Food Lion is cool enough. The best part, though, is not deciding between Formica, Corian, and Granite, it's seeing Sarah get excited about getting a house. It's knowing that this will be the spot that I will start the second part of my life in. I will cook my first meal with my new wife in this house, I will see my first son or daughter learn to walk and talk in this house, and I will always have fond memories of my first house with my wife. Come to think of it, this is the reason picking out the perfect house is so hard, it's not because deciding if hardwood or tile makes a better kitchen floor is so important, its because I know this house will become the cornerstone where Sarah and I will build our lives together.

2 Comments:

  • At October 05, 2005 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You're so sweet baby! Your blog actually made me cry! I love you & can't wait to live with you in our house...whichever one it ends up being.

     
  • At December 16, 2005 1:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dude, you're a homo. And I've read your "Enjoy, search engines" page. None of your blogs are even recognized by any search engines. You're just a big fat loser who will always watch the Browns lose. j/k
    Good luck with the house thing. Please remember your choices and decision making so when I buy one a few years from now, I can have plenty of advice from you.
    --Paul.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home