Bloggylicious


I think, therefore I type

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Dang Panthers

I've decided to title my blog "Dang Panthers" for one reason, the panthers have got to be the most frustrating team for their fans of any of the 32 franchises. After following them as an unbiased observer through their 10 years in the NFL(living in Raleigh and Charlotte, but never being a fan), I have come to realize there is one word that sums up the Carolina Panthers: complacent. I say this because the Panther's are a team that "roll with the punches". When they're on a hot streak, they're fine with that. When they hit a slump. They seem to be fine with that too. The Panthers will beat a great team one week and lose to a bad team the next week. During the time from their season in 1995 til now, the Panthers have been 12-4 in 1996, then 4-12 in 1998. They went 1-15 in 2001 and lost the Super Bowl two years later. Their complaceny is not only limited to whole seasons, they are complacent in games too. If they get an early lead, they switch from Smith and Proehl to Davis and Foster. The Panthers play the prevent offense better (or should I say worse) than any other team in the league.

My point is never more valid than in last night's win against the Green Pay Packers. The Packers are a historically great team that has not aged gracefully. After going 19 points ahead in 26-7 start due to many Packers errors, the Panthers became complacent. John Fox stood there and watched the Packers, walkers in hand, walk all over this supposedly great Panthers defense. The Panthers decided that their number one receiver, Steve Smith, was not a necessary component and decided not to use him. It's lucky for the Panthers that the Packers suck or that game would have likely turned out the way their last venture to the big game did ... field goal in overtime, for the loss.

By now, you may have noticed that I'm slightly bitter about last night's game. This is partly because the Packers were unable to get out a win against a lazy Carolina Panthers, thus verifying my suspicion they are unable to get things done anymore and partly because Steve Smith, my number one fantasty receiver, got no play due to Fox's inept coaching style, received one fantasy point, and caused me to lose my game.
Dang Panthers!

1 Comments:

  • At October 06, 2005 10:14 PM, Blogger World champion said…

    i hear yeah.... about looing you fantasy game but ia m sad to say the thats is jsut the way pathers do think in life you might want to think about your stragagy in the f-league yemux

     

Post a Comment

<< Home