Bloggylicious


I think, therefore I type

Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Bye Weeks are torture

Yay, I made it through a weekend without a Browns games. It's tough going through the entire week knowing that come Sunday, I will not have a game to watch. Sure, they'll be games on and I'll probably watch them, but it's not the same. Leading up to the bye week, so many things are different in my world. I can't trash talk to any of my co-workers or friends about how the Browns will win on Sunday, they ask who we're playing and all I can say is "Bye Week". Their is even much less news on clevelandbrowns.com to read during lunch. Then Sunday comes and I have no reason to wake up in the morning. No reason to turn on Sunday Countdown and hope they talk about the Browns before I have to head to the Browns Backers meeting area to watch the game, no sitting with family and friends ordering overpriced bar food and cheering and jeering my team, no wearing my favorite Browns jersey all day long and getting compliments from random Browns fans throughout my day, and no going home at the end of the game to jump on the computer and read the analysis of the game.

Being the optimist that I am, I did find some good in not having a game on Sunday. The Browns are guaranteed not to lose, I'm guaranteed to not be asked on Monday, "What happened to those Browns?", and I'm guaranteed that Northcutt WILL NOT have a punt returned for a touchdown get called back because of an insignifcant penalty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home